Monday, January 30, 2012

nursery update: easy DIY paint chip mobile

I'm trying to create a unique, sweet nursery for baby #4. Inspiration is everywhere in my head and in the blogosphere. Know what isn't everywhere, though? The dollars to do it. So I've been on a quest to find projects that I can make myself with items I already have.

Enter: the paint chip mobile, inspired by this post. I loved the simplicity, the ombre coloring (she did pink on hers), the overall airiness, and the price.


I went with purple hues (from Martha Stewart's line at The Home Depot), simply because I'm reusing purple polka-dot curtains I used for Layla's nursery. Plus I think it's pretty--not too girly, not too in-your-face, not too invisible. Here's my finished product. Loving how it turned out, particularly with the room's existing grey walls. Very soothing.

 
Best part? Total cost: $1.29 (for the embroidery hoop).
Oooh, second best part? My older girls each want one in their room. Which is super flattering.

No comments: