Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On a parent's words being misinterpreted...

Sweet little Addie. She did a lot of this yesterday...


...and she's feeling better today. In fact, I overheard her playing and giggling with Layla & her friend this afternoon. Which was adorable until my ears stumbled upon this little nugget of a conversation:

(playing barbies) Layla: Addie, your girl is going to marry Ken.
Addie: No! I don't WANT to marry Ken. I hate him.
Layla: Why?
Addie: Because of his bum.
[Editor's note: Our particular Ken doll does have a hard time keeping his shorts on for some reason.]
Layla: Oh, Addie. You HAVE to marry Ken. You get what you get, and you don't get upset.
Addie: (pause, then, resignedly) Okay.
Layla: You love him now, don't you?
Addie: Yes! And I love his bum!

Hoo boy.

Note to self: Throw strip-happy Ken doll away. Also, discuss with family the privilege and importance of choosing for yourself who you marry.

2 comments:

The Suburb Experiment said...

ALL the dolls in our house can't seem to keep their clothes on. And seriously, poor Addie shouldn't have to settle for Ken's sad plastic bum. :)

Jenn

RaeLynn said...

HAHAHA, I'm so immature, I swear. I loved this.